Grab your golf clubs and knickers for a day of fabulous-ness on the Venango Valley Golf Course. Shotgun begins at 1 p.m. on Friday, June 26!
To register for the even, please complete the registration form and mail it back to the following address.
NAMI of Erie County
Attn: Denise L. Kolivoski, MBA
1611 Peach Street, Suite 105
Erie, PA 16501
$125 Per Golfer
Includes: golf with cart, lunch, steak dinner, and fabulous fun! We’ll also be adding some more fabulous-ness with microbrews, scotch, and cigars!
You can join NAMI in supporting the evidence-based Family-to-Family program for parents and caregivers who have loved ones with mental illness. NAMI is the exclusive provider of the program in Erie County. Proceeds from the golf outing provide books, materials and classroom education at no cost to participants. Learn more about the program at NAMIerie.org/programs.
Schedule (June 26, 2015)
- Registration: 11:30 a.m.
- Lunch: Noon
- Shotgun Start: 1 p.m.
- Steak Dinner: After Golf Outing
All golf options include cart, lunch and dinner. All sponsorship levels include acknowledgement in 2016 brochure and 2015 “community thank you” commercial.
- Champion - $3,000 (two foursomes, full-page program ad, two hole signs, 18 pin flags with logo)
- Hole in One - $2,000 (one foursome, full-page program ad, hole sign, 9 pin flags with logo)
- Eagle – $1,500 (one foursome, full-page program ad)
- Birdie - $1,000 (one foursome, half-page program ad )
- Par – $500 (two golfers, quarter-page ad)
Black and white artwork for program advertisements or full-color artwork for hole sponsorship is due in JPEG or PDF format by June 17 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refreshment Cart Sign – $250 Sign on the Refreshment Cart
- Hole Sign – $150 Sign on the Course
- Full-Page Program Ad – $150 (5.5” wide x 8.5” tall)
- Half-Page Program Ad – $100 (4.25” wide x 5.5” tall)
- Quarter-Page Program Ad – $50 (4.25” wide x 2.75” tall)
- Skins – Purchase per team for $20
- Mulligans - Purchase four mulligans per team for $20
- String-It-Out – Purchase one string per team for $20 String used to improve score
2014 Sponsors Included
- Brewerie at Union Station
- Business Records Management
- Catholic Foundation
- Country Fair
- Custom Engineering Co.
- Erie Federal Credit Union
- Erie Reader
- Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing
- Kiwanis Club of Erie
- Northwest Savings Bank
- Lilly Broadcasting
- Passport Realty
- PNC Bank
- Roberts Trucking Co. LLC
- UPMC Health Plan
Last Year’s Golf Outing
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Erie County’s 2nd Annual Fabulous Golf Outing was a fabulous success! NAMI of Erie County is thrilled to announce that we raised over $24,000 for our free programs and services, easily beating our goal of $20,000! Pictured at right are Fabulous Golf Committee Member Jenny Weigold-Geertson (R) and her intern, Chelsea Signorino, who are proud to be fabulous with NAMI!
Last year’s golf outing took place on June 27th, 2014 at Venango Valley Inn & Golf Course and we couldn’t have asked for better weather! Upon arrival golfers were treated to microbrew samples courtesy of the Brewerie and whiskey samples courtesy of Mazza Vineyards and Five & 20 Spirits. Lunch included BBQ Pulled Pork specially made by the chef at Venango Valley Golf Course.
Golfers enjoyed Venango Valley’s beautifully landscaped course as they played a four-person scramble. Many teams played extremely well and it was a very close contest that went down to the wire, but the foursome from Northwest Savings Bank (pictured on back cover) eventually won the Golden Boa Award with a score of 54! After golf, everyone enjoyed a delicious grilled steak dinner. Pictured from left to right are Neil Parham of Highmark, Dave Gool of Young Erie Professionals, Denise Kolivoski of NAMI of Erie County, and Ron Oliver of United Way of Erie County. NAMI would like to thank all of the sponsors and donors that made the golf outing such a fabulous success! Major sponsors of the event include: Bankable Consulting, Business Records Management, The Catholic Foundation, Country Fair, Custom Engineering, Highmark, Kiwanis Club of Erie, Lilly Broadcasting—the stations of WICU 12, WSEE, and the CW, Northwest Savings Bank, Passport Realty, PNC, Roberts Trucking Company, and UPMC Health Plan/Community Care. Thank you for supporting NAMI of Erie County and the Erie community!
Congratulations to the team from Northwest Savings Bank, who won NAMI’s 2nd Annual Fabulous Golf Outing with a score of 54, taking home the Golden Boa Award! Pictured from left to right are: Justin Spierling, NAMI Executive Director, Denise Kolivoski, Mike Kitts, Tom Pohorence, and Tom Raun. Northwest Savings Bank looks forward to defending their title next year!
Fabulous Golf Outing 2015 Kickoff
Several members of NAMI of Erie County’s 2015 TEAM Fabulous gathered on Thursday, January 8th at the Brewerie at Union Station. We announced our anticipated profit of $20,000 with a stretch goal of $25,000. Here are some pictures from the fabulous event:
2015 Fabulous Golf Committee Members
- Denise L. Kolivoski, Chair – NAMI of Erie County
- Brian D. Arrowsmith – Law Offices of Carney & Good
- Matt Bresee – ERIE BayHawks
- Greg Coleman – ERIE SeaWolves
- Nathan Crouch – Erie Federal Credit Union
- *Jerry Fagley – Loesel-Schaaf Insurance, Inc.
- Matt Filippi – Lilly Broadcasting
- Pam Forsyth – Lilly Broadcasting
- *Curt Frigon – Paypros
- Lisa Graff – Laser Eye Surgery of Erie
- John Groh – Millcreek Township
- Suzanne Haynes – Harborcreek Marketplace
- Danny Jones – Erie School District
- Jen Marz – Northwest Savings Bank
- Brad Mealy – Gonstead Family Chiropractic
- *Dr. Michael Messina – Gannon University
- Ron Oliver – United Way of Erie County
- *Jon Patsy – Marquette Savings Bank
- *Megan Richter – Conventina Day Spa
- Guy Sheldon – Wingate by Wyndham
- Ben Speggen – Erie Reader
- Emily Wachter – Decision Associates
- Pat Wachter – Loesel-Schaaf Insurance, Inc.
- Erin Watterson – Panache Salon and Spa
- Jennifer Weigold Geertson – UPMC Health Plan
*NAMI Board Member
Top Ten Fabulous Golf Tips
- Always wear your knickers.
- Don’t forget your fabulous accessories- feather boas, beads, noisemakers
- Remember to pack a snack when you go searching for the ball you hit into the rough.
- Argyle is optional, fabulous-ness is required.
- Keep your mouth closed when hitting your ball out of the sand.
- Avoid trees at all cost.
- Men: don’t try to sneak and hit from the ladies tee box.
- Bedazzling your golf equipment is always allowed.
- When in doubt, say “fore!”
- And remember, always have a good time out on the course!
Fabulous Golf Humor
Q: Are you a scratch player? A: I sure am every time I hit the ball I scratch my head and wonder where it went.
How many golfers does it take to change a light bulb? FORE!
Golf balls are like eggs. They’re white, they are sold by the dozen, and a week later you have to buy more.
Golfer: “I’d move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course.”
Caddie: “Try heaven. You’ve already moved most of the earth.”
A good golf partner is one who’s always a little bit worse than you are.
Don’t be that player…
The Color Commentator: Has perfected the art of the Roger Maltbie audible whisper. Likes to narrate your three-footer for double as if the Ryder Cup is at stake. Favorite expression: “There’s really not a lot to this putt, Johnny, but he’s got to make sure he gets it to the hole.”
Sunscreen Guy: Combination of long-sleeve shirt, bucket hat, and SPF 90makes you feel your own sun protection efforts are woefully insufficient. Favorite expression: “Do me a solid — can you get the back of my legs?”
Rangefinder Guy: Overly reliant on his yardage device, to the extent that he can’t fathom anyone navigating a course without it. Favorite expression: “Wait! I’ll give you the exact number.”
The Raker: Shamelessly gives himself any putt within earshot of the cup, regardless of what’s on the line. Favorite expression: “I’ll just get this out of the way. . .”
The Cart Daredevil: Reverts to his inner 13-year-old as soon as he gets behind the wheel of a cart. Has never met a “Cart Path Only” sign that pertains to him. Favorite expression: “Man, if only this thing didn’t have a governor!”
The Vanity Handicapper: Self-proclaimed “12” who has trouble breaking 100. Favorite expression: “I don’t know WHAT’s going on with my swing!”
The Just-Had-A-Lesson Guy: Always in the midst of a swing overhaul, is awash in new thoughts after a half hour with the assistant pro. Favorite expression: “Bear with me guys.”
The Christopher Columbus: Doggedly searches for lost balls as if they’re encrusted in diamonds. Thinks the rest of the group cares as much as him. Favorite expression: “I saw it hooking by the far tree, so if we all just walk slowly on this line. . .”
Mr. Magoo: The absent-minded member of your group who leaves an assortment of wedges, towels, and clubhead covers scattered throughout the course. Favorite expression: “Doggone it, where did I leave my 56?”
Ball Retriever Guy: Never passes a water hazard without his trusty scoop at the ready. Last bought a new sleeve of balls in the late 80s. Favorite expression: “Whoa! A ProV1!”
The Parking Lot Pro: Color-coordinated outfit, matching logos and oversized tour bag suggest he’s played professionally. Topped drive off the first tee suggests otherwise. Favorite expression: “These are the same shoes Tiger wears.”
The Human Rain Delay: Thinks he is honoring spirit of the game by never picking up. Not in the spirit of the game: dragging his foursome through a three-and-a-half hour front nine. Favorite expression: “Put me down for a 10.”
Unsolicited Swing Advice Guy: Knows exactly how to fix your swing even though you didn’t ask. Employs a vast array of swing jargon that only confuses you further. Favorite expression: “Wait, try this!”
A Fabulous Cause – Learn More About NAMI