Join NAMI of Erie County in our second annual FABULOUS Golf Outing! Proceeds from the outing will support NAMI’s evidence-based education programs for individuals and families. These programs are exclusive to Erie County. Funds from the golf outing provide books, materials, and classroom education at no cost to participants.
Grab your golf clubs and knickers for a day of fabulous-ness at the Venango Valley Golf Course on Friday, June 27, 2014. The cost is $125 per golfer and includes golf with cart, lunch, steak dinner, and FABULOUS fun! We?ll also be adding some more fabulous-ness with microbrews, scotch, and cigars!
To register for the fabulous golf outing, please complete the registration form and mail it back to NAMI of Erie County.
$125 per golfer!
Includes: golf with cart, lunch, steak dinner and fabulous fun!
Schedule (June 27, 2014)
- Registration: 11:30 a.m.
- Lunch: Noon
- Shotgun Start: 1 p.m.
- Steak Dinner: After Golf Outing
- $3,000 Champion (Golf for eight (cart, lunch, dinner), two full-page ads, one hole sign)
- $2,000 Hole in One (Golf for four (cart, lunch, dinner), one full-page ad, one hole sign)
- $1,500 Eagle (Golf for four (cart, lunch, dinner), one full-page ad)
- $1,000 Birdie (Golf for two (cart, lunch, dinner), half-page ad)
- $500 Par (Golf for two (cart, lunch, dinner), quarter-page ad)
- $150 Hole Sign (Sign on the course)
Meet Team Fabulous
What a FABULOUS Team! Several of the committee members from NAMI’s Fabulous Golf Outing met to talk about the fun and excitement that will take place on 6.27.14! Mark your calendars! (L-R) Danny Jones, Erie School District; Denise Kolivoski, MBA, NAMI Director; Steve Krivonak, NAMI Staff; Jim Martin, Bankable Consulting, LLC. and Volunteer Golf Chair; John Groh, Millcreek Township Supervisor; Jenny Weigold, UPMC; Jim E. James E. Martin, Regional President, Northwest Savings Bank; and Emily Czerpak, NAMI Staff.
2014 Fabulous Golf Outing Committee
- Denise L. Kolivoski, MBA, NAMI of Erie County
- James W. Martin, Volunteer Chair, Bankable Consulting, LLC
- Matt Bresee, Erie Bayhawks
- Nathan Crouch, Erie Federal Credit Union
- Jerry Fagley, Loesel-Schaaf Insurance, NAMI Board member
- Matt Filippi, Lilly Broadcasting-WICU WSEE CW
- Pam Forsyth, Lilly Broadcasting-WICU WSEE CW
- Curt Frigon, PAYPROS
- John Groh, Millcreek Township
- Christina Halli, Delta Airlines
- Danny Jones, Erie School District
- Casey Martin, Wegmans
- James E. Martin, Northwest Savings Bank
- Brad Mealy, DC, Gonstead Family Chiropractic
- Dr. Michael Messina, MBA, Gannon University, NAMI Board member
- Ron Oliver, United Way of Erie County
- Jon Patsy, Marquette Savings Bank, NAMI Board member
- Mark A. Phillips, State Farm Insurance
- Guy Sheldon, Wingate by Wyndham
- Emily Wachter, Decision Associates
- Jennifer Weigold-Geertson, UPMC Health Plan
2013 Sponsors included:
- Bankable Consulting, LLC
- BrewErie at Union Station
- Custom Engineering
- Erie SeaWolves
- Eriez Manufacturing
- Lilly Broadcasting
- MacDonald, Illig, Jones and Britton LLP
- Marquette Savings Bank
- Millcreek Community Hospital
- Northwest Savings Bank
- Plyler Overhead Door
- Tim Horton’s
- UPMC Health Plan
Top Ten Fabulous Golf Tips
- Always wear your knickers.
- Don’t forget your fabulous accessories- feather boas, beads, noisemakers
- Remember to pack a snack when you go searching for the ball you hit into the rough.
- Argyle is optional, fabulous-ness is required.
- Keep your mouth closed when hitting your ball out of the sand.
- Avoid trees at all cost.
- Men: don’t try to sneak and hit from the ladies tee box.
- Bedazzling your golf equipment is always allowed.
- Jim W. Martin: We think that you should think about leaving your Steelers clubs at home.
- And remember, always have a good time out on the course!
Fabulous Golf Humor
Q: Are you a scratch player?
A: I sure am every time I hit the ball I scratch my head and wonder where it went.
How many golfers does it take to change a light bulb? FORE!
Golf balls are like eggs. They’re white, they are sold by the dozen, and a week later you have to buy more.
Golfer: “I’d move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course.”
Caddie: “Try heaven. You’ve already moved most of the earth.”
A good golf partner is one who’s always a little bit worse than you are.
Don’t be that player…
The Color Commentator: Has perfected the art of the Roger Maltbie audible whisper. Likes to narrate your three-footer for double as if the Ryder Cup is at stake.
Favorite expression: “There’s really not a lot to this putt, Johnny, but he’s got to make sure he gets it to the hole.”
Sunscreen Guy: Combination of long-sleeve shirt, bucket hat, and SPF 90makes you feel your own sun protection efforts are woefully insufficient.
Favorite expression: “Do me a solid — can you get the back of my legs?”
Rangefinder Guy: Overly reliant on his yardage device, to the extent that he can’t fathom anyone navigating a course without it.
Favorite expression: “Wait! I’ll give you the exact number.”
The Raker: Shamelessly gives himself any putt within earshot of the cup, regardless of what’s on the line.
Favorite expression: “I’ll just get this out of the way. . .”
The Cart Daredevil: Reverts to his inner 13-year-old as soon as he gets behind the wheel of a cart. Has never met a “Cart Path Only” sign that pertains to him.
Favorite expression: “Man, if only this thing didn’t have a governor!”
The Vanity Handicapper: Self-proclaimed “12″ who has trouble breaking 100.
Favorite expression: “I don’t know WHAT’s going on with my swing!”
The Just-Had-A-Lesson Guy: Always in the midst of a swing overhaul, is awash in new thoughts after a half hour with the assistant pro.
Favorite expression: “Bear with me guys.”
The Christopher Columbus: Doggedly searches for lost balls as if they’re encrusted in diamonds. Thinks the rest of the group cares as much as him.
Favorite expression: “I saw it hooking by the far tree, so if we all just walk slowly on this line. . .”
Mr. Magoo: The absent-minded member of your group who leaves an assortment of wedges, towels, and clubhead covers scattered throughout the course.
Favorite expression: “Doggone it, where did I leave my 56?”
Ball Retriever Guy: Never passes a water hazard without his trusty scoop at the ready. Last bought a new sleeve of balls in the late 80s.
Favorite expression: “Whoa! A ProV1!”
The Parking Lot Pro: Color-coordinated outfit, matching logos and oversized tour bag suggest he’s played professionally. Topped drive off the first tee suggests otherwise.
Favorite expression: “These are the same shoes Tiger wears.”
The Human Rain Delay: Thinks he is honoring spirit of the game by never picking up. Not in the spirit of the game: dragging his foursome through a three-and-a-half hour front nine.
Favorite expression: “Put me down for a 10.”
Unsolicited Swing Advice Guy: Knows exactly how to fix your swing even though you didn’t ask. Employs a vast array of swing jargon that only confuses you further.
Favorite expression: “Wait, try this!”
A Fabulous Cause – Learn More About NAMI