YOU can join NAMI in supporting the evidence-based Family-to-Family program for parents and caregivers who have loved ones with mental illness. This program is exclusive to Erie County. Proceeds from this golf outing provide books, materials and classroom education at no cost to participants.
Grab your golf clubs and nickers for a day of fabulous-ness on the Venango Valley Golf Course on Friday, June 28, 2013. The cost is $125 per golfer and includes golf with cart, lunch, steak dinner, and FABULOUS fun! For more information, download the fabulous golf outing brochure.
To register for the fabulous golf outing, please complete the registration form and mail it back to NAMI of Erie County.
Schedule (Friday, June 28, 2013)
- Registration: 11:30 a.m.
- Lunch: Noon
- Shotgun Start: 1 p.m.
- Steak Dinner: After Golf Outing
- $3,000 Champion (Golf for eight (cart, lunch, dinner), two full-page ads, one hole sign)
- $2,000 Hole in One (Golf for four (cart, lunch, dinner), one full-page ad, one hole sign)
- $1,500 Eagle (Golf for four (cart, lunch, dinner), one full-page ad)
- $1,000 Birdie (Golf for four (cart, lunch, dinner), half-page ad)
- $500 Par (Golf for two (cart, lunch, dinner), quarter-page ad)
- $500 Refreshment Sponsor (Golf for one and sign on course)
- $150 Hole Sign (Sign on the course)
Meet TEAM Fabulous
(L-R) (Top) Dave Volgstadt, American Solutions for Business; Curt Frigon, Dale Carnegie Training; Jerry Fagley, Loesel-Schaaf Insurance; Matt Bresee, ERIE Bayhawks; Jon Patsy, Marquette Savings Bank; Jay Alberstadt, McDonald Illig Jones & Britton; (Bottom) Brad Mealy, Gonstead Family Chiropractic; James W. Martin, CFRE, Volunteer Golf Chair, Bankable Consulting, LLC; Casey Martin, Wegmans; Jennifer Weigold, UPMC. Those not pictured: Greg Coleman, ERIE SeaWolves; Michelee Curtze, Community Champion; Pam Forsyth, Lilly Broadcasting; Mike Gajewski, Golf Pro/Primpatch Inc.; John Groh, Boro of Edinboro; Dr. Michael Messina, Gannon University; and Leslie Orlando, Glowacki Management Company.
Top Ten Fabulous Golf Tips
- Always wear your nickers.
- Don’t forget your fabulous accessories – feather boas, beads, noisemakers
- Remember to pack a snack when you go searching for the ball you hit into the rough.
- Argyle is optional, fabulous-ness is required.
- Keep your mouth closed when hitting your ball out of the sand.
- Avoid trees at all cost.
- Men; don’t try to sneak and hit from the ladies tee box.
- Bedazzling your golf equipment is always allowed.
- Jim W. Martin: We think that you should think about leaving your Steelers clubs at home.
- And remember, always have a good time out on the course!
A BIG thanks to Lilly Broadcasting for their fabulous support of NAMI’s Fabulous Golf Outing.
Check out this fabulous promotional video:
And a special thanks to Chuck and Brenda on Classy 100′s Breakfast Club. Jim W. Martin, CFRE (Volunteer Golf Chair) and Denise L. Kolivoski, MBA (NAMI Director) were featured on several radio segments, including Northcoast Views.
Take a listen to this fabulous radio interview:
Fabulous Golf Humor
Q: Are you a scratch player?
A: I sure am – every time I hit the ball I scratch my head and wonder where it went.
How many golfers does it take to change a light bulb? FORE!
Golf balls are like eggs. They’re white, they are sold by the dozen, and a week later you have to buy more.
Golfer: “I’d move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course.”
Caddie: “Try heaven. You’ve already moved most of the earth.”
A good golf partner is one who’s always a little bit worse than you are.
A Fabulous Cause – Learn More About NAMI